Mechanical Engineer II
3500 E. Burnett Long Beach, CA 90809 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Contract Mechanical Engineer II opportunity located in Long Beach, CA.
- Day to day, you will be working within our CAD program (NX) as well as performing some FEA Analysis (Nastran and/or ANSYS) and hand calculations.
- You will also be working with the launch site civil and fluids engineering teams, various vehicle engineering teams, the test team, and could be involved in writing or reviewing procedures to test or use the equipment you design, analyze, and build.
- You will also work with in house and outside fabrication companies to get your parts built.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (mechanical, aerospace, or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience in a full cycle design engineering role
- Experience with CAD (NX, Creo, Solidworks)
- Complex structural analysis capabilities
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- High organizational skills in working on more than one project simultaneously
- Ability to perform technically complex projects using independent judgment and personal initiative
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements shift of constraints change
- Ability to create drawings and use GD&T effectively
- 5+ years of experience in a full cycle design engineering role
- Experience working with AFSPCMAN 91-710
- Experience Working with DOD, USAF, and NASA
- Experience in the aerospace (rocket) sector
- Extensive experience with NX
- Experience with ANSYS and FEMAP
- Experience with Launch GSE Operations
- Experience with large steel/aluminum structures
- Experience with mechanisms
- Experience checking drawings and reviewing GD&T
- Experience with various standards, including American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) 360, American Concrete Institute (ACE) 318, and American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1, ASTM, ASME, NASA, DoD, NFPA, API, and SAE
- Location: Long Beach, CA
- Pay Rate Range: $50 - 70/hr
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to product development companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.