Mechanical Engineer 2
Building 88 88/2321 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Assessing product design needs and develop/implement plans for new part designs.
- This includes design boundary condition investigation, supplier selections, space
needs and layout requirements to meet the design objectives
- Work as part of a team of Mechanical Engineers to develop top down design
architecture, perform detailed 3D part design, as well as 2D detailed drawings
- Rapid prototyping for early evaluation of design concepts
- Mechanical design of complex assemblies suitable for volume production accounting for ID requirements, part tolerances, manufacturability, cost and weight while working with a cross-functional team to satisfy additional product requirements
- Plan, prepare and perform mechanical tests, e.g., stress, thermal, shock, vibration, hardness, cycle, impact, etc., leveraging reliability and quality teams where appropriate
- Verify product maturity per test plans and conduct analysis of device architecture for potential design, assembly & process related weaknesses
- Work with engineering teams to conduct advanced root cause and risk analysis evaluations
- Document and present test results to internal customers, along with risk mitigation recommendations
- Support factory builds during development stages of product creation.
- BSME or equivalent
- Eight years product development experience with at least three years in the
consumer electronics space
- Experience supporting bring up of factory development builds
- Expert in PTC Creo (Wildfire) mechanical CAD software preferred
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly iterate multiple design concepts through a
combination of fundamental engineering analysis and rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated knowledge of GD&T principles
- Excellent knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Excellent knowledge of hardware testing
- Competency in setting up and analyzing DOEs in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize own work
- Ability to coach and mentor others as well as take direction
- A practical and creative mindset
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.