Mechanical Engineer - Display 1
Building 88 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer - Display 1
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Lead development of new displays and improvements through the supply base in optical quality, thickness, cost, and robustness of small to medium sized displays.
- Define the mechanical specifications, create 3D models of displays or parts of the display, complete tolerance analysis and drive the mechanical drawings.
- Define display module level mechanical testing and performance for quality and reliability.
- Identify all open engineering issues and drive them to closure in a timely fashion to support project needs.
- Review factory assembly process, integration process and handling of displays at all stages ensuring quality is maintained and high assembly yield is achieved.
- Complete initial failure analysis, provide detailed FA reports to drive corrective actions, communicate necessary data & changes to product design team and reliability teams.
- Ensure display deliverables are met for engineering builds and initial ramp.
- Address issues from initial ramp and field returns related to displays.
- BS, MS or PhD in ME required and/or 5-10 years of experience designing display solutions for high volume consumer electronic products.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic products is a must.
- Experience designing and performing mechanical and environmental test methods and a working knowledge of failure mechanisms in displays.
- Experience using Pro/Engineer CAD software.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.