1266 Kifer Road Sunnyvale, CA 94086 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for Mechanical Drafter/Designer with our client that is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
• Provide support to mechanical engineers by creating and modifying detailed mechanical drawings using SolidWorks from sketches, layouts and notes provided by engineers
• Create and modify CAD models based on sketches, notes, or other instructions provided by engineers
• Help engineers create and process ECOs in Agile
• Maintain and archive CAD data according to departmental operating procedures
• Check mechanical drawings created by engineers or other drafters for completeness, correctness, and conformance to standards
• Contribute design recommendations to facilitate manufacturing or increase product quality
• Originate new part/assembly designs, convert designs from one manufacturing process to another
• Provide engineers and other drafters with CAD usage tips and training
• Provide other engineering support as needed.
• 5+ years experience drafting complex mechanical components and assemblies
• Expert level SolidWorks
• Experience with Windchill and Agile or Arena
• Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5-2018
• Familiarity with drafting/modeling for common manufacturing processes
• Good communication skills
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions
• Proven track record with meeting deadlines and great attention to detail
• Well organized, able to manage multiple assignments at once
• Good mechanical intuition and aptitude.
Contract: 12 months
Pay Rate: $35 - $40 / hr
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (Onsite)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.