Mechanical Design Engineer
Building 88 88/2321 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Assessing product design needs and develop/implement plans for new part designs. This includes design boundary condition investigation, supplier selections, space needs and layout requirements to meet the design objective
- Work closely with team of Mechanical Engineers to assist with top down design architecture, perform detailed 3D part design, and/or 2D detailed drawings.
- Rapid prototyping for early evaluation of design concepts
- Manage mechanical bill of materials
- Mechanical design of FPC / FFC / PCB
- Plan, prepare and perform mechanical tests, e.g., stress, thermal, shock, vibration, hardness, cycle, impact, etc., leveraging reliability teams where appropriate
- Verify product maturity per test plans and conduct analysis of device architecture for potential design, assembly & process related weaknesses
- Work with engineering teams to conduct advanced root cause and risk analysis evaluations
- Document and present test results to internal customers, along with risk mitigation recommendations
- BSME or equivalent
- Five years minimum hands on experience
- Expert in PTC Creo (Wildfire) or equivalent mechanical CAD software
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly iterate multiple design concepts through a combination of analysis and rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated capability managing mechanical bill of materials
- Knowledge of FPC / FFC / PCB design and manufacturing requirements along with demonstrated ability to interface with EE designers
- Excellent knowledge of materials and manufacturing process
- Excellent knowledge of hardware testing
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize own work
- Ability to coach and mentor others as well as take direction
- A practical and creative mindset
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.