Mechanical Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design of reactor structures and components from requirements through final design.
- Coordinate inputs and requirements from Engineering and Project teams to produce equipment and components design solutions.
- Perform scoping analysis and calculations for design options.
- Interface with the team’s engineering analysis activities.
- Present equipment and components design results for design reviews.
- Assess technical merit of solutions provided by team members, including leading design reviews.
- Interface with junior engineers and subcontractors, providing direction and mentoring.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Education: B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of ten years of equipment / component design experience; relevant M.S. degree credited as two years of experience.
- Familiarity with CAD, SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience in finite element stress analysis, mechanical analysis methods, and commercial mechanical stress analysis modeling tools with emphasis on ANSYS.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker.
- Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week.
- Working experience with design codes such as the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section III, or Section VIII is desirable.
- Experience writing design specifications.
- Experience in seismic analysis of equipment or components; in particular, experience with response spectrum and time history modeling techniques in accordance with the requirements of ASCE 4, ASCE 7, and/or ASCE 43 is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.