21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer in Kent, WA.
- B.S. degree in engineering or physics discipline.
- Project management skills consistent with leading a team including suppliers through the complex Production Transition phase.
- Familiarity with best practices regarding safety, the use of pneumatics, hydraulics, avionics, and cleanliness
- Possess and exhibits high judgement
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the product life-cycle.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management, and BOM structures.
- Experience in both development and production environments.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience working with avionics or fluid system components
- Experience and familiarity with fluid system component operation, including various types of valves, regulators, accumulators, meters and sensors.
- Experience with launch vehicle, aircraft, or spacecraft manufacturing and integration.
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, manufacturing fabrication and assembly processes, and quality control
- Familiarity with common NDT methods, including visual, dye penetrant, ultrasound, x-ray, CT scan, Eddy Current, XRF scan
- Familiarity with surface finishes, coatings, seal geometries, materials, and applications.
- Familiarity with cleanliness levels best practices
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Experience with 3D CAD software, 2D and 3D engineering drawings
- Experience in small company, startup, or growth transition environments.
- Kaizen, Six Sigma, or related training.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.