21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer in Kent, WA.
- B.S. degree in engineering or physics discipline.
- Project management skills consistent with leading a team including suppliers through the complex Production Transition phase.
- Familiarity with best practices regarding safety, the use of pneumatics, hydraulics, avionics, and cleanliness
- Possess and exhibits high judgement
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the product life-cycle.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management, and BOM structures.
- Experience in both development and production environments.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience working with avionics or fluid system components
- Experience and familiarity with fluid system component operation, including various types of valves, regulators, accumulators, meters and sensors.
- Experience with launch vehicle, aircraft, or spacecraft manufacturing and integration.
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, manufacturing fabrication and assembly processes, and quality control
- Familiarity with common NDT methods, including visual, dye penetrant, ultrasound, x-ray, CT scan, Eddy Current, XRF scan
- Familiarity with surface finishes, coatings, seal geometries, materials, and applications.
- Familiarity with cleanliness levels best practices
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Experience with 3D CAD software, 2D and 3D engineering drawings
- Experience in small company, startup, or growth transition environments.
- Kaizen, Six Sigma, or related training.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.