Manager, Plant Design Integration
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Plant Design Integration Manager opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Accountable for resource management, technical and schedule performance of the Design Integration team, within the Integrated Plant and Structures group.
- Provide overall technical direction to teams of integration engineers, focused on integration of SSC design with licensing/regulatory requirements, plant analyses (safety, risk, radiological).
- Facilitate coordination between project analysis, licensing and SSC design teams. Ensure that work between analysis and design teams maintain alignment.
- Planning of and managing schedule activities for the Design Integration team
- Personnel management, including hiring, training and staff development to ensure successful completion of the responsibilities of the Design Integration team
- Oversight of partners and subcontractors supporting design integration activities.
- Ability to identify technical integration gaps and needs, and rectify by providing updates to schedule, resource allocation and technical direction.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- Support design reviews and key project design decision to provide design integration feedback.
- B.S. degree in Engineering required, preferably Mechanical, Structural, Nuclear, or Electrical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university and 10+ years direct experience with nuclear design.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of complex systems, structures, and equipment in a nuclear application.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership and personnel management in a highly technical environment
- Experience with radiation analyses, safety analyses and probabilistic risk analyses in a nuclear application.
- Prior experience with design and licensing requirements for commercial nuclear plant designs (e.g., Existing light water reactors, U.S. Navy Nuclear Program or other advanced reactor design such as SMR).
- Experience in multi-discipline and multi-organization design integration required.
- Experience in high temperature design preferred.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear handling process systems, or similar high-performance systems or equipment design.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work on simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $157,406 - $218,119
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.