Machine Tool Software Engineer
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Machine Tool Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Machine Tool Software Engineer in Kent, WA.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years industry C++
- Software scripting abilities with implementation languages (Python, Perl,
- Desktop application/toolchain integration and scripting/automation skills
- Experience integrating motion control with higher level software platforms. (custom application and/or object oriented applications)
- Applications and development experience with closed loop controls
- Experience developing systems involving sensors and electromechanical actuators
- Record of good judgment in make/buy analysis and decision-making for software systems
- Experience in rapid application prototyping, development, deployment, and support
- Industrial control and automation skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience with implementation and troubleshooting of cabinet and/or board-level electronics, electronic diagnostic equipment such as scopes and meters
- Additive and/or CNC manufacturing/fabrication experience
- Hands-on experience with materials and manufacturing processes
- Knowledgeable in the use of AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Experience in time series and imagery data storage, management, automated feature extraction and analysis
- Experience designing experiments, ANOVA, regression analysis, data model reduction, and factor analysis
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.