Linux System Administrator II
615 Westlake Ave. N. Seattle, WA 98109
Position Title: Linux System Administrator II
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington.
Our client is seeking a customer-focused Linux System Administrator II (Sys Admin) to join their IT Operations team. The team is responsible for high volumes of data & high-performance computing supporting cutting-edge research. As a Sys Admin, you will make an impact with a small team.
This role requires a technical understanding of business systems along with project management skills. Critical thinking and sound judgment are crucial for establishing a strategic approach to developing an application architecture to support research dedicated to answering some of the biggest questions in bioscience and accelerating research worldwide.
Please note, this position will provide tier 1 and 2 Linux support and does require participation in the on-call rotation.
- Tier 1/2 Linux support for workstations, servers, and cross-platform services.
- Install, configure, and maintain the organization’ s Linux systems.
- Regular deployment of essential tools used by our scientific community; such as managing user accounts, optimizing remote access, and security access for messaging systems, databases, and web applications.
- Prioritize and troubleshoot issues related to performance, authentication, and permissions, in a cross-platform environment.
- Coordinate with department leadership to plan, design, and schedule the release of all software, hardware, and operating system updates
- Working with internal users and external support to resolve issues and scale systems.
- Develop and enhance processes and technical documentation, create back-up procedures, test plans, and reports.
- Minimum 3 years managing Linux systems in a production environment.
- Experience with common Windows desktop and server platforms
- Comprehensive understanding of groups and users within Windows AD
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, or Bash)
- Familiarity with automation systems such as Ansible, cfengine, Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Ability to work independently, multi task and prioritize workloads.
- Experience using CentOS, Ubuntu
- Experience managing web applications (Ruby on Rails, Python) is a plus
- Experience supporting end users in a research environment is a plus
- Experience with one or more of the following: Isilon storage, Atlassian applications (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash/BitBucket), git, OVirt, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in supporting local area IP networks (LAN)
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies
**Please note, this opportunity does not sponsor work visas and has no relocation assistance**
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate