Lead Software Test Engineer 4
3640 150th Avenue Northeast Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Lead Software Test Engineer 4 opportunity that is fully remote.
- As a Security Analyst you will work on a small team to investigate threats, proactively hunt for compromise, improve and automate processes, develop security tooling and data automation, and contribute your experience and expertise to enhance the security and scalability of our organization. You will be a part of defending our organization focused on identifying new threats, coordinating response and investigating issues.
- Assess threats to the service.
- Perform investigation on suspected vulnerable or compromised assets and services and analyze log data and other artifacts to determine what occurred.
- Identify potential issues with detection (e.g., false positives, noise). Analyze potential or actual intrusions identified as a result of monitoring activities. Create detections based on available data (e.g., Indicators of Compromise [IOC] and Tools Tactics Procedures [TTP]).
- Plan and execute proactive adversary hunt for malicious activity using myriad log sources, network- and host-based tools, and threat intelligence to identify the threat actors and their tools and techniques.
- Analyze key metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) and other data sources (e.g., bugs, unhealthy data pipeline) and identifies trends in security issues and escalates appropriately. Recommend improvements and/or metrics to address gaps in measurement.
- Proactively identify and investigate potential issues in controls (e.g., network, identity, etc.). Leverage expertise and team members to address and drive down issues accordingly. Identify and/or recognize patterns and recommend potential mitigation strategies.
- Identify and raise opportunities for automation to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Create automation as appropriate to drive greater efficiency with high value.
- 3+ years of experience in IT helpdesk supporting cloud/on prem solutions, software development, large-scale computing, modeling and cyber security
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with big data and SIEM solutions such as ArcSight, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Azure Data Explorer, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory or Azure Sentinel
- OR 3+ years of experience working with large data sets to answer complex and ambiguous questions, using tools and languages like: SQL, KQL, Jupyter Notebook, Spark, Azure Synapse, R, U-SQL, Python, Splunk, and PowerBI.
- Familiarity with secrets management, PKI, Git, Azure Resource Manager(ARM) templates, Terraform, PowerShell.
- 3 years of IT help desk.
- 3 years of Cloud technology.
- 3 years of Software development.
- Location: Remote
- Pay Rate Range: $65 - $71 /hour
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.