Lead HW Systems Engineer
Seattle, WA 98107
Position Title: Lead HW Systems Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, WA for an experienced Lead HW Systems Engineer.
- Serve as the principal design and development engineer for the first generation hardware system translating high level product requirements into detailed engineering requirements (technical specs)
- Optimize visual/optical precision and real-time, continuous, high volume data transfers using a combination of hardware and software in collaboration with the software development team
- Identify off the shelf components and develop custom components to support cutting edge technology integration
- Lead the hardware risk management process (preliminary risk analysis, DFMEA, etc)
- Develop detailed electrical design of PCBAs for low-voltage power distribution, digital I/O, and signal processing.
- Lead and participate in design reviews
- Develop and oversee test methods and protocols to support design verification testing.
- Lead or manage 3rd party in IEC 60601 compliance testing and other relevant compliance testing (biocompatibility, simulated distribution, etc.).
- Recruit and foster talented, compassionate, relentlessly curious people who share our mission to fundamentally enhance human and machine capabilities.
- Support the VP of Engineering in planning the next generations of Proprio systems.
- Develop operational systems and procedures relevant to medical device development, verification/validation, assembly, etc.
- Medical device development experience required. Product development experience in other heavily regulated industries (aerospace, automotive, etc.) also valuable.
- Full Product development lifecycle of novel or first-to-market products from prototyping through production of sellable units.
- Significant experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams in developing and shipping robust, high-quality complex capital equipment.
- Systems engineering, system architecture development, or similar experience.
- Familiarity with hardware development processes from board level and circuit board design, to industrial and mechanical engineering.
- Strong familiarity with IEC 60601-1 family of standards, including design for compliance with these standards.
- Strong familiarity with ISO 14971: 2012 for risk management.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.