Layout Design Engineer
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134 | Contract
Position Title: Layout Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Layout and verify custom RF and analog IP for complex SoC products, on advanced CMOS processes.
- 5+ years experience in custom RF/analog layout with extensive knowledge on deep sub-micron CMOS (28nm, FINFET’ s, etc.)
- Knowledgeable on layout techniques for device matching, minimizing parasitics, RF shielding, and high frequency routing
- Must recognize failure prone circuit and layout structures, proactively work with circuit designer for best approach to problems
- High level proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc.
- Familiarity of CADENCE layout tools and Mentor Graphics verification tools.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with cross-functional teams Detailed Description As an RF layout designer, you will be responsible for
- Detailed transistor-level layout of RF and analog circuit blocks including LNA, mixers, PLL, LO generation, modulators, power amplifiers, ADC/DAC, baseband filters, and bandgap/bias/LDO.
- Layout of sensitive analog components including resistors, capacitors, and inductors
- Block level and top-level layout through full verification flow including RLC extraction, DRC, LVS, and DFM checking
- Co-work with designers on block level and top-level floor-planning
- Layout review for power/gnd routing, electromigration, signal path check, differential and IQ matching, and signal coupling.
- Top-level layout integration and verification, schedule management.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.