21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Lab Technician
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Lab Technician in Kent, WA.
- 2+ years’ experience in analytical/characterization laboratory environment including metal powder analyses
- Basic engineering laboratory skills: weights and measures, chemical hygiene, materials safety planning, personal protective equipment, contamination control, job hazard analysis, and work instruction
- Strong written and personal computer skills
- Experience using equipment used for a variety of techniques (specimen preparation, optical and/or scanning electron microscopy, chemical analysis, thermal analysis, mechanical testing, etc.)
- Familiarity with typical aerospace testing and quality processes (AS9100, FOD Control, Lean, 5S, etc.)
- Experience in forensic analysis of materials
- Knowledge of the types of materials and processes used to fabricate aerospace components
- Ability to operate manual machine tools (saws, mills, etc.)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.