Building 88 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Lab Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Our client is looking for a versatile engineering technician, preferably familiar with Microsoft systems and processes, to manage a variety of tasks within an optical test lab.
- This resource should have extensive lab management experience and should also be able to execute HW testing under engineering direction when required.
- Experience dealing with optical HW and a test environment is a big plus, as is basic IT experience.
- This position is within a small, highly skilled team of optical development and test engineers working on products at the leading edge of optical design.
- The ability to communicate well with other team members and pitch in to support overall team goals is crucial.
- Work within the shipping and receiving environment to procure equipment. Facilitate material transfers between outside equipment vendors and other internal facilities.
- Keep a complex set of test equipment inventoried and organized within the test labs.
- Experience working with facilities departments. Experience with MS Facilities and RE&F specifically a big plus.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe lab environment.
- Highly developed organizational and communication skills are critical.
- Perform basic IT functions, such as ordering and setting up new test computers. Interface with MS IT department. Advanced IT skills a big plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.