LTE Test and Deployment Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Position Title: LTE Test and Deployment Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Testing and configuration of OpenCellular systems (2G GSM, 4G LTE) in a lab and pre-field trial environment
- Integration with multiple EPC core providers and various backhaul technologies (microwave, satellite)
- Install, maintain and operate various test tools & equipment (hardware and software) used during lab trial, site surveys and field trials
- Execution of operator-level test plan ensuring requirements are met, test case automation, documentation of test procedures, reporting and analysis of issues and fix verification
- Create various documentation for system integrators, engineering and network operators (eg., training, installation, troubleshooting)
- Engage with various internal teams and external teams such as OEMs and Operators during lab trials and field trials
- Working knowledge of 3GPP specifications, specifically 2G GSM & 4G LTE
- Strong knowledge of mobile operator' s end-to-end network architecture (RAN, EPC)
- Experience configuring, testing and integrating UE, eNB, SGW, MME, PGW, EPC, CSFB
- Strong knowledge of 2G and 4G key performance indicators (RF, Backhaul, Core metrics)
- Strong knowledge in linux/networking configuration (DHCP, DNS, IP addr, VLAN, virtual interfaces, MTU)
- Experience with test plan execution, troubleshooting and documenting issues, setting up test beds, configuring test equipment, RF chambers and troubleshooting end-to-end 2G/4G systems
- Experience with cellisite configuration, LTE call flow procedures, RRC connection setup, attach/detach procedures, S1 link establishment, CQI/RI, radio link failures, alarms, firmware upgrade
- Experience with traffic generators (TM500, UE100, CapacityAdvisor, UDP/TCP iperf, speedtest), UE load testing, spectrum analyzers (HackRF, Gqrx SDR), protocol analyzers (wireshark, Network Guru, QualiPOC)
- Strong experience in automating test cases, API integration, python scripting
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.