Junior Quality Engineer - Design Assurance
16700 13th Ave West Lynnwood, WA 98046-9727 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Jr. Quality Engineer with our client located in Lynnwood, WA.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- The Quality Engineer will control and monitor quality to ensure the production of our client’s products are consistent with established industry standards, government regulations, and customer requirements.
- Established procedures and work with minimum supervision to accomplished assigned tasks by working cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Suppliers and Customers.
- Apply advanced concepts, practices and procedures of assigned products or programs, and has appreciable latitude for action or decisions. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Participate on Product Development programs as the cognizant Quality Design Assurance Engineer. This would include, project meetings, customer reviews, ERB and FRB Member and peer reviews.
- Perform internal audits on development programs for aerospace and electronics sites and ensure audit findings are addressed by site leadership working in cross-functional teams with software engineering, mechanical and electrical design engineering, test engineering, configuration management, etc.
- Assist in providing site support on the Quality Management System to improve processes and local procedures.
- Serve as author of Complex Hardware Plans and/or Software Quality Plans as needed.
- Assist in developing corrective action plans for development programs.
- Identify need for additional training or other personnel requirements to ensure Quality Management System Requirements are met.
- Review life cycle documentation on development programs and monitor the processes and practices that engineering, and manufacturing uses and verifies that they have properly defined and applied their plan to develop and maintain electronic hardware.
- Assist in the drafting of internal procedures and job aids to support QMS. During development programs, facilitate identification of key process characteristics during DFMEA and control plans creation to reduce potential product variation.
- During development programs, facilitate identification of key process characteristics during DFMEA and control plans creation to reduce potential product variation.
- Review and monitor qualification of product and process documentation to ensure only the highest levels of quality are accepted.
- Serve as area focal for development programs quality audits with Defense, Aerospace and Customer Auditors.
- Provide support for failure analysis and reliability testing as required. Engage in FRACAS process to drive lessons learned from field failure and repair data into engineering design improvements.
- Review and approve quality document changes (ECO, deviations).
- Requires approximately 5% travel to support customers.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Life Sciences discipline
- 2+ years’ experience working in Design Assurance / Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) ie. QE in Product Development process is required
- Aerospace or Defense Quality Engineering experience is required
- Auditing experience is a hard requirement. Auditing experience resulting in corrective action and review and acceptance of completed RCCA. Demonstration of proper tool applications to support root cause such as 8D problem solving, 5 Why, Six-Sigma, DMAIC, and other Operational Excellence Tools.
- AS9100 QMS experience is required. Knowledge and experience with ISO/AS9100D auditing and enforcement.
- Knowledge of Embedded Software for Aerospace Applications per DO-178C guidelines, including software planning, requirements management, code generation validation and verification highly preferred.
- Strength in either HW or SW disciplines (ideally both) with experience with DO-178B and DO-178C (Software), or DO-254 (Hardware), RTCA DO-160G (Hardware) depending, all preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred.
- Experience with IBM DOORS is preferred. Rational Change, and Synergy a plus.
- CQE/CQA preferred.
- CMMI preferred.
Nice to Have:
- Ability to present findings and evidence of compliance to Certification Authorities (FAA, CAAC, EASA, ANAC) and Customers.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to prepare written reports and detailed audits.
- Ability to focus for long periods of time on detailed tasks.
- Willingness to make decisions which may be unpopular.
- Good word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), and document management (Adobe Acrobat) software. Microsoft Teams a plus.
- Passion for improvement, following processes, and evidence-based decisions.
- Experience with Scripting languages (e.g., PERL, VB, ASP, etc.), requirements simulation (such as Matlab with Simulink or SCADE), structural coverage analysis tool (like CodeTest, LDRA, etc.) is nice to have.
- Contributes at a high level with minimal supervision.
Job Type-Direct hire
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Salary Range: $89,554 - $106,475
An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.