Jr. Firmware Engineer
1 Microsoft Way Studio A and Studio X (Lab) Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Jr. Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- The position will require working on a cross function team to develop display systems, developing embedded software, including control algorithms, feedback mechanisms and calibration procedures.
- Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining documentation and release notes, contributing to the system specifications and defining functional tests.
- Also responsible for performing design analyses, risk analysis with contingency plans, leading design reviews, manufacturability assessments, verification of design durability and reliability.
- The position is responsible for designing experiments; collecting, analyzing and interpreting data; technical problem solving; innovating creative solutions; and clear communication of findings.
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering background, with a BS or MS degree.
- Strong math and programming skills (C, python required, C++ desirable).
- Can be fresh-out of school, must be self-driven, positive attitude.
- Experience with PID control systems, DSP, or optics, exposure in university okay.
- Embedded system design experience, including understanding schematics, I2C, SPI, USB, RS232 and associated communication protocols
- Experience with debugging tools such as JTAG, oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
- Experience in creating test automation framework using python
- Familiarity with semiconductor lasers, FPGAs and Verilog.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.