Jr. Firmware Engineer
6812 185th Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Jr. Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Senior level – 3-5 years’ experience (This should be a Firmware and Software Engineer):
- Proficiency and deep understanding in C and Solid C++ and Assembly programming skill
- Experience in building an Embedded System Architecture, including choosing operating systems, dividing project into modules and designing module architecture
- Experience in working with different embedded platforms in one project
- Experience in backend software design would be ideal
- Being able to consider multiple aspects (stability, security, memory management, timing, launch phases) and provide solutions
- Proficiency in ARM architecture. Ideally also Micro Controllers such as Microchip PIC, TI, STM, NXP, ATMEL, etc.
- Experience interfacing w/ motors, sensors, and temperature sensors
- Communication exp. w/ CAN/I2C/SPI/UART. Prefers experience in OTA and IoT, especially working on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules.
- Proficiency in version control software (svn, git), including managing different projects in version control software
- Good understanding of RTOS
- Experience in maintaining legacy Firmware code
- Experience in common Embedded Development IDEs (Atmel Studio, Atollic TrueSTUDIO, Visual Studio)
- Experience in common debugging methods, such as using debuggers, set breakpoints, memory profiling…
- Experience in development and troubleshooting device drivers such as I2C, SPI and Wi-Fi.
- Ideally experience in leading a Software Team, good communication skills
- Ideally experience tutoring Junior Engineers
- Enjoying working with cross-functional team (mechanical, electrical, production)
- Great communication skills
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.