Java Engineer II
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Java Engineer II
Position Description: Our south of Seattle client is looking to bring on a mid-level Java Engineer proficient in development and support of Back End Client/Server Applications for an exciting full-time opportunity.
- Responsible the development of back-end client/server applications and support of applications already in production.
- Adherence to pre-defined programming standards set by Application Architects.
- Develops recommendations regarding further definition of development standards and application architecture principles.
- Performs unit testing and assists in user testing and debugging of programming modifications.
- When scheduled, candidate is prepared to address system problems during off hours with minimal guidance from other members of the development staff as needed.
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of application development required
- 4+ years of programming experience using Object Oriented Programming
- 3-5 years of strong, hands-on Java, J2EE development skills
- Strong experience developing RESTful Web Services or Web APIs
Nice to Have:
- Strong experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience with Maven / spring boot
- Experience with SQL and relational database design, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Perl, Ruby
- Experienced with backend databases and Elasticsearch
- Experienced with developing and debugging of client/server applications
- Experience with using coding standards, and employing code review procedures
- Experience with data migration, transformation, and scripting
Additional Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Tomcat server
- Familiarity with source control systems such as SVN and Git
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Working Knowledge of messaging technologies (e.g. AMQP, RabbitMQ, JMS)
- Familiarity with DHCP, UDP, TCP
- Familiarity with RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Familiarity with client/server application and network security concepts
- Familiarity with containerized application and orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Working knowledge of C++, Java, and Python
- Familiarity with Ruby and Cucumber
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.