Interaction Designer 3
12920 SE 38th Street Bellevue, WA 98006
Position Title: Interaction Designer 3
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington.
- This position gives you the chance to innovate and design new products and services.
- It is critical for candidates to work well in teams.
- Candidates must be able to understand the balance of user experience, business case, and time-to-market, and make trade-offs where appropriate.
- Define the customer experience for existing and new product applications, and handset experiences, that establish and adhere to established conventions and standards.
- Understand customer needs, as well as business and functional requirements.
- Work closely with user research and product management team to define product requirements.
- Create user stories, detailed and comprehensive wireframes, workflows, prototypes, and requirements that effectively communicate the information design and interaction design.
- Work with usability engineers to gather data on the design and iterate.
- Collaborate with visual designers, content strategists and engineering teams to implement your designs.
- 5+ years working as an interaction designer or information architect for mobile device, web or software applications.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of user interface design; should have experience working through the entire product life cycle and be familiar with user-centered design methods.
- Knowledgeable of best practices of all major web-based interfaces.
- A blend of big picture design ideas with detail orientation and an obsession for creativity.
- Proficiency with Visio, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and PowerPoint required.
- Clear, organized writing, communication and presentation skills.
- BA/BS in HCI (Human Computer-Interaction) or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Prior work designing for small-screen devices, and mobile devices preferred.
- Experience with HTML and Flash a plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.