Instrumentation & Engineering Technician
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Instrumentation & Engineering Technician opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Support the design, procurement, fabrication, installation, troubleshooting and repair of engineering infrastructure and test equipment.
- Assemble, build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair test systems or prototypes.
- Set up or operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions.
- Review and modify existing parts, assemblies, or systems to correct functional deviations.
- Identify solutions to on-site technical design problems involving electrical systems equipment.
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings, or design comments for conformance with established safety or design criteria.
- Plan method or sequence of operation for developing or testing equipment.
- Interpret test information to resolve-related challenges.
- Recording of data, collection of test samples, and writing reports, reviews, and project summaries.
- Establishing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and team members.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Help with maintaining laboratory spaces, lab clean up and organization.
- Assist in the development of testing procedures.
- Follow applicable company, quality assurance, and testing procedures.
- Repairing and maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Monitor and adjust ongoing experiments and tests.
- Logic/robotic control systems setup and programming experience (LabView a plus).
- High school diploma minimum requirement with an associate degree and postsecondary technical training (such as Instrumentation and or Electronics technician) a plus.
- Experience working in and R&D engineering laboratory a plus.
- Experience with electronics and electrical systems up to 480VAC. Experience with multi-meter and oscilloscope.
- Good trouble-shooting skills. Laboratory notebook recording skill a plus.
- Understand basic temperature, pressure, and flow instrumentation.
- Have some understanding of instrument calibration.
- Have a basic mechanical assembly skills and use of standard hand tools.
- Quality workmanship, attention to detail and accurate documentation required.
- Able to follow procedures and work under general direction.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving your entire body including: climbing, lifting up to 50 lb, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Experience with Swagelok components, tube fittings, installation and tube bending a plus.
- Broad range of skills, such as welding, machining and fabrication, custom DAQ data acquision system and control system design (LabVIEW preferred), high temperature piping, alkali metal experience, cryogenic experience, lifting, rigging and handling experience (overhead crane), glovebox use, and Solidworks skills a plus.
- Previous experience as an Instrumentation Technician, Engineering Laboratory Technician or Test Technician in the Nuclear, Aerospace, Industrial, or Mechanical industries a plus.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Pay Rate Range: $40-45/h
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.