9845 Willows Road NE, Willows Commerce II Building A Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Infrastructure Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Install, cable, and label infrastructure equipment including network, server, and storage devices.
- Maintain, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair problems in the infrastructure.
- Manage a queue of install and repair tickets, provide details of work performed.
- Coordinate with partner teams and vendors for equipment receiving, RMAs, power, and cabling work for installs, upgrades, and decommissioning projects.
- Initial, boot strap, and configuration of infrastructure components (servers, network, storage).
- 3+ years of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing network, server, and/or storage equipment in a data center environment.
- Experience diagnosing and replacing equipment components including backplanes, motherboards, CPUs, drives, and other parts.
- Experience using a web-based ticketing system to manage install and repair tasks.
- Experience running Linux command line utilities for troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Able to lift and move a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Some travel may be required for field installations.
- Experience configuring and upgrading firmware for network, server, and/or storage devices.
- Familiarity with copper and fiber network cabling, including testing / maintaining of cables.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.