9845 Willows Road NE, Willows Commerce II Building A Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Infrastructure Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Install, cable, and label infrastructure equipment including network, server, and storage devices.
- Maintain, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair problems in the infrastructure.
- Manage a queue of install and repair tickets, provide details of work performed.
- Coordinate with partner teams and vendors for equipment receiving, RMAs, power, and cabling work for installs, upgrades, and decommissioning projects.
- Initial, boot strap, and configuration of infrastructure components (servers, network, storage).
- 3+ years of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing network, server, and/or storage equipment in a data center environment.
- Experience diagnosing and replacing equipment components including backplanes, motherboards, CPUs, drives, and other parts.
- Experience using a web-based ticketing system to manage install and repair tasks.
- Experience running Linux command line utilities for troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Able to lift and move a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Some travel may be required for field installations.
- Experience configuring and upgrading firmware for network, server, and/or storage devices.
- Familiarity with copper and fiber network cabling, including testing / maintaining of cables.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.