IT Project Manager
123 Main Street Salem, OR 97405 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a IT Project Manager with our client located in Salem, OR.
- Responsible for full life- cycle of projects from initiation to completion on all IT Capabilities related to the buildout if new work or retail spaces.
- Apply IT project management methodology and appropriate project management framework for all projects.
- Develop requests for proposal (RFPs) to engage third party installers.
- Successfully initiate, plan, execute and close all project deliverables as committed.
- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects including:
- Defining the project scope, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to end project execution
- Ensuring business requirements are captured accurately and completely
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Facilitating day-to-day coordination while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations.
- Acting as the link between the assigned project resources and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop project plan, and execute projects that adhere to guidelines and deliver within cost and schedule.
- Good cross IT and business communication, influence and negotiation required.
- Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks including:
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution.
- Managing the process to assess gaps and develop action plans to address these gaps
- Monitoring financial delivery and issue management processes, and escalating issues
- Promoting and monitoring compliance activities with audit and information policies
- Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity
- Review action items from the design/construction meetings and follow through with the closure of the action items.
- Follow through Facilities projects with each facility and report out to the construction team.
- Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Communication to project team members, key stakeholders and sponsors
- Adapting to cultural and organizational climates across global team.
- Manage individual work styles and development of project staff
- Serve as primary contact to Sr department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrix environment.
- Work with cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects.
- Educational Background: Bachelor's degree required; Advance degree in IT related field or extensive experience in the implementation and deployment of IT related infrastructure in the construction industry.
- 7+ years related IT Infrastructure PM experience; preferably in a large, global organization.
- 7+ years of experience in management IT Infrastructure projects in the corporate and retail environments.
- 5-7 years of experience in project management within the construction field. - Experience in the automotive industry highly desired.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
- PMI PMP certification desired.
- Project management skills. Knowledge of project management vocabulary and terminology.
- Strong knowledge of the construction process including the understanding of terminology, permits and architectural, electrical, network drawings.
- Strong knowledge on the installation and management of Audio/Visual Equipment, Low Voltage cabling, network and security equipment.
- Extensive experience with the engagement and management of third-party installers
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills. Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Creative and resourceful when in comes to manage large implementations and aggressive timelines.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Cultural adaptability. Virtual and remote team management ability. Independent and innovative spirit. Flexible and responsiveness to input.
- Experienced with Project Management tools like MS project or equivalent
- Proficient with MS Office tools Program/Project Scope (size, budget, region, etc.): Manage multiple concurrent projects including the management of the scope, budget and timeline.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.