IT Project Manager
Normal, IL 61702 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for an IT Project Manager with our client in Normal, IL.
Responsible for full life- cycle of projects from initiation to completion on all IT Capabilities related to the buildout if new work or retail spaces. Apply IT project management methodology and appropriate project management framework for all projects. Develop requests for proposal (RFPs) to engage third party installers. Successfully initiate, plan, execute and close all project deliverables as committed.
Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects including:
- Defining the project scope, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to end project execution
- Ensuring business requirements are captured accurately and completely
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Facilitating day-to-day coordination while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations.
- Acting as the link between the assigned project resources and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop project plan, and execute projects that adhere to guidelines and deliver within cost and schedule.
- Good cross IT and business communication, influence and negotiation required.
Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks including:
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution
- Managing the process to assess gaps and develop action plans to address these gaps
- Monitoring financial delivery and issue management processes, and escalating issues
- Promoting and monitoring compliance activities with audit and information policies
- Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity
- Review action items from the design/construction meetings and follow through with the closure of the action items.
- Follow through Facilities projects with each facility and report out to the construction team.
Responsible for building and leading effective project teams including:
- Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Communication to project team members, key stakeholders and sponsors
- Adapting to cultural and organizational climates across global team.
- Manage individual work styles and development of project staff
- Serve as primary contact to Sr department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrix environment.
- Work with cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Advance degree in IT related field or extensive experience in the implementation and deployment of IT related infrastructure in the construction industry.
- 7+ years related IT Infrastructure PM experience; preferably in a large, global organization.
- 7+ years of experience in management IT Infrastructure projects in the corporate and retail environments.
- 5-7 years of experience in project management within the construction field.
- Experience in the automotive industry highly desired.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
- PMI PMP certification desired.
- Project management skills. Knowledge of project management vocabulary and terminology.
- Strong knowledge of the construction process including the understanding of terminology, permits and architectural, electrical, network drawings.
- Strong knowledge on the installation and management of Audio/Visual Equipment, Low Voltage cabling, network and security equipment.
- Extensive experience with the engagement and management of third-party installers
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills. Ability to work collaboratively. - Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Creative and resourceful when in comes to manage large implementations and aggressive timelines.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Cultural adaptability. Virtual and remote team management ability. Independent and innovative spirit. Flexible and responsiveness to input.
- Experienced with Project Management tools like MS project or equivalent
- Proficient with MS Office tools Program/Project Scope (size, budget, region, etc.): Manage multiple concurrent projects including the management of the scope, budget and timeline.
- Pay Range: $65-$72/hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, 2 insurance plans (100% paid for employee only - HDHP plan, and a buy-up POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.