IT Project Manager
220 Fourth Ave. S. Kent, WA 98032
Position Title: IT Project Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Kent, Washington.
- Establishes the overall project objectives and negotiates and coordinates resource availability.
- Assist IT Managers through the Procurement Process, including reviewing contracts with Legal, creating and managing RFPs, assembling all required documentation for IT Administration, and presenting requests for approval to all necessary committees (e.g. Operations, TAB, etc.).
- Responsible for the work, plans and carries out the oversight assignments, resolves most conflicts that arise, coordinates work with others and interprets policies in terms of established business and project objectives.
- Keeps project stakeholders informed of progress, potentially controversial matters or far reaching implications.
- Working with assigned Business Analyst(s) and/or Business Systems Analysts, prepares for and conducts business process analysis and requirements elicitation, documentation and modeling.
- Analyze TCO/Total Cost of Ownership considerations and present alternatives, risks & mitigation options to management and project stakeholders.
- Cultivate contacts within customer areas, vendor domains and product technical spaces.
- Obtain information about future requirements in related functional areas including product and service developments in the solution provision space— look to influence those developments.
- Lead the applicable SDLC/Software Development Lifecycle design, testing, planning and implementation of complex projects for systems that typically affect multiple users and often need to adhere to various rules, regulations, policies and standards.
- Establish liaison relationships with related vendors and professional service providers.
- Present oral and written reports defining requirements, plans, risks and issues and resolutions to customers, management and business units.
- Lead the effort to align business strategies with associated technology and services.
- Capture requirements through the inclusion of task and workflow analysis, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios and sound business analysis practices.
- Confer and collaborate with user, technical teams and vendors to analyze business needs and requirements, which include specific project deliverables.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Act as liaison between customers and the Lead Systems & Design Engineer for custom developed applications.
- Act as liaison between customers and the service area Business Systems Analyst for all purchased applications.
- Ensure deployed software systems and associated services are complete and viable.
- Ensure all new solutions include a viable and on-going User Training by working closely with the Technical Writer/Trainer.
- Analyze information from surveys and workshops, task analysis, and business process descriptions.
- Attend meetings, seminars and training sessions to maintain current knowledge of industry advances in project management, business analysis, business domain considerations and business system computer applications.
- Perform feasibility analysis, scope projects, and work closely with the users and the IT management team to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Coordinate and participates in applicable testing tasks including UT/Unit Testing, IT/Integration Testing, UAT/User Acceptance Testing and FT/Functionality Testing.
- Actively support the mission, vision, values and goals of the department.
- Bachelor' s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field; and Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in project management, business analysis, presentations and personnel direction and leadership. Training, end-user support and supervisory experience are highly desirable.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently toward business goals in a complex and diverse environment with multiple and changing demands.
- Effective leadership of matrix project-based personnel with varied reporting structures.
- Meeting or exceeding customer expectations coupled with strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding record of project management success both in results achieved and in use of professional methodologies and/or SDLC/Software Development Lifecycles.
- Pro-active development and implementation of strategies that identify and successfully mitigate project risks.
- Designing solutions for varied internal/external clients.
- Identifying, developing, and initiating innovation and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist. Working cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Analyzing decisions and actions for their support of the larger area' s strategic direction. Working with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
- Demonstrated superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions; resolve conflicts; and create lasting, productive partnerships with clients
- Providing resources and organizational structure to promote collaborative initiatives.
- Utilizing a network of relationships to collect and disseminate information, build support, and secure buy-in for desired objectives.
- Projecting a credible leadership image when strategically communicating and planning for change. Fostering and managing productive relationships with project participants and sponsors at all levels of the organization.
- Superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills.
- Ensuring open communication across project teams. Handling broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences. Creating a forum and format for ongoing open communication within functional area or among departments for the project.
- Defusing emotionally charged situations and using them to constructively build greater shared commitment to project goals. Promoting knowledge of team’ s work to gain support for ongoing and future initiatives.
- Regularly making decisions and taking independent action on matters directly affecting project goals. Guiding project participants in learning and applying useful decision-making approaches for their respective project roles.
- Providing leadership, vision and direction setting for both project team and business partners.
- Bringing a varied array of resources to bear in order to improve project effectiveness.
- Creating an environment that encourages innovation and constructive problem solving amongst project team members.
- Acting decisively in critical situations or to circumvent a potential problem.
- Using personal knowledge of functional areas to understand and communicate how decisions affect bottom line for projects, for IT and for the business area in general.
- Organizing, analyzing and coordinating work flow
- Applying business workflow, process re-engineering and technical aspects of a field of specialty in a customer service environment
- Analyzing business and technical problems and provide effective solutions
- Using interpersonal skills with tact, patience and courtesy
- Effectively communicating complex technical ideas in layperson’ s terms
- Training, evaluating and leading/supervising others
- Planning and organization to meet schedules and timelines
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.