IT Project Manager/ Business Analyst
220 Fourth Ave. S. Kent, WA 98032
Position Title: IT Project Manager/Business Analyst
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Kent, Washington.
- Bachelor' s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field; and Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in project management, business analysis, presentations and personnel direction and leadership. Training, end-user support and supervisory experience are highly desirable.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently toward business goals in a complex and diverse environment with multiple and changing demands.
- Effective leadership of matrix project-based personnel with varied reporting structures.
- Meeting or exceeding customer expectations coupled with strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding record of project management success both in results achieved and in use of professional methodologies and/or SDLC/Software Development Lifecycles.
- Pro-active development and implementation of strategies that identify and successfully mitigate project risks.
- Designing solutions for varied internal/external clients.
- Identifying, developing, and initiating innovation and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist. Working cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Analyzing decisions and actions for their support of the larger area' s strategic direction. Working with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
- Demonstrated superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions; resolve conflicts; and create lasting, productive partnerships with clients
- Providing resources and organizational structure to promote collaborative initiatives.
- Utilizing a network of relationships to collect and disseminate information, build support, and secure buy-in for desired objectives.
- Projecting a credible leadership image when strategically communicating and planning for change. Fostering and managing productive relationships with project participants and sponsors at all levels of the organization.
- Superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills.
- Ensuring open communication across project teams. Handling broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences. Creating a forum and format for ongoing open communication within functional area or among departments for the project.
- Defusing emotionally charged situations and using them to constructively build greater shared commitment to project goals. Promoting knowledge of team’ s work to gain support for ongoing and future initiatives.
- Regularly making decisions and taking independent action on matters directly affecting project goals. Guiding project participants in learning and applying useful decision-making approaches for their respective project roles.
- Providing leadership, vision and direction setting for both project team and business partners.
- Bringing a varied array of resources to bear in order to improve project effectiveness.
- Creating an environment that encourages innovation and constructive problem solving amongst project team members.
- Acting decisively in critical situations or to circumvent a potential problem.
- Using personal knowledge of functional areas to understand and communicate how decisions affect bottom line for projects, for IT and for the business area in general.
- Organizing, analyzing and coordinating work flow
- Applying business workflow, process re-engineering and technical aspects of a field of specialty in a customer service environment
- Analyzing business and technical problems and provide effective solutions
- Using interpersonal skills with tact, patience and courtesy
- Effectively communicating complex technical ideas in layperson’ s terms
- Training, evaluating and leading/supervising others
- Planning and organization to meet schedules and timelines
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.