IT Compliance Analyst
San Jose, CA 95124
Position Title: IT Compliance Analyst
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Monitor the timely execution of automated control execution notifications and verify controls are being executed on time.
- Maintain IT SOX documentation (i.e. risk and controls matrix, control narratives, etc.)
- Support internal and external auditors with SOX audits in the planning phases, providing requested evidence, setting up time with IT control contacts, and being a liaison to IT for follow-up questions.
- Help maintain a strong control environment in IT Department
- Facilitate the new hire IT policy and process training
- Working with WWIT, support the maintenance of the policy and process documents
- Working with WWIT, ensure that the documentation of policy exceptions is complete and follow-up on expired exceptions
- Have a B.A./BS in a related field
- Have at least 5 (five) years of experience in IT
- Be knowledgeable in the area of IT
- Be knowledgeable of SOX compliance and ITGC controls
- Be able to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Have the ability to recognize and communicate potential control related issues in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt information based on the audience
- Strong team player
- Be able to work effectively with colleagues and management
- Be highly organized and self-reliant, with the ability to multi-task
- Have excellent process and time management skills
- Able to appropriately identify issues and raise them to IT Compliance management.
- Be objective-oriented while paying close attention to detail
- Have the ability to listen effectively and communicate with honesty
- Be able to acquire and evaluate data
- Have knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint software
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Be CISA certified
- 3 or more years of this experience being in IT Compliance / IT Audit
- Have knowledge of CoBit and COSO
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.