I&C System Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Title: I&C System Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract I&C System Design Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Responsible for interfacing and supporting geographically diverse and international design team members to develop supporting design documentation.
- Lead design of I&C and supporting electrical systems from systems and sub-system functional requirements through final design.
- Develop and review system- and component-level specifications and scopes of work.
- Perform engineering and design evaluations in the application of nuclear codes and standards, licensing requirements, and NRC regulations.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
- Specify and describe suitability of instrumentation measurement techniques for use in sodium fast reactor and integrated energy storage technologies, including analysis of measurement range, response time, and measurement accuracy.
- Analyze and apply regulatory criteria and standards to complex Instrumentation and Control system design.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Requirements Documents, System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Create and manage drawing packages of system and sub-system designs, including but not limited to P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, control logic and loop diagrams, and instrument installation drawings, etc.
- Generate integrated design package for key systems and sub-systems.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables to meet company requirements, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Integrate I&C with work of other disciplines, engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- S. or higher in Controls, Electrical, or related discipline from an accredited university and 6+ years direct experience with proven instrumentation and controls systems skills. Higher education will count toward years of experience.
- Candidates must have experience in instrumentation and controls development, diagnostics, and a demonstrated ability to design and deliver industrial I&C platforms and report data accordingly.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactor safety systems or nuclear instrumentation systems design desired but not required.
- Familiar with IEEE and IEC standards, desired but not required.
- Familiarity with implementing design control and development in accordance with nuclear power plant quality assurance (e.g. 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1).
- Experience designing and operating high-temperature (400°C and higher) processes desired but not required.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Familiarity with working with and/or developing industrial process flow diagrams (PFD) and piping & instrument diagrams (P&ID) desired but not required.
- Experience with CAD software to deliver design deliverables (e.g. AutoCAD Standard, AutoCAD Electrical, or SolidWorks), desired but not required.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience with formal I&C system startup testing procedure desired but not required.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork. Will actively support the company's guiding principles.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.