High Speed I/O Validation Engineer
7171 Southwest Parkway Austin, TX 78735 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for High Speed I/O Validation Engineer with our client that is located in Austin, TX.
Job Responsibilities: The Data Center Accelerator Group is looking for dynamic and energetic High Speed I/O (HSIO) Validation Engineers. You will work on industry leading server products for AI and HPC supercomputers. This role provides opportunities on both electrical and functional aspects of HSIO validation. Our team fosters continuous technical innovation and is committed to nurturing your career growth. You are a validation engineer with a passion for finding issues and pushing them to resolution. You should feel comfortable to work in-lab and be hands-on with Linux based datacenter platforms. You have familiarity with high-speed electrical equipment such as oscilloscopes, PCIe analyzers, and pattern generators. As you deep dive into challenging issues, you will have the opportunity to exercise your strong skills in problem solving, technical communication, and organization.
As a High Speed I/O Validation Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring products are delivered to our customers with high quality and performance. You will work with the team to bring our products through the entire new product life cycle (power-on, validation, manufacturing, customer deployment). Engineers are exposed to both Functional and Electrical (signal integrity) aspects of HSIO.
• Testing and Debug of PCIe protocols, link devices, and channel quality
• Interface with internal design teams
• In-Lab execution
• Maintain test lab equipment to meet current and future product needs
• Develop automation to enable volume validation and manufacturing test content.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering
• Post-Silicon experience with PCIe @ Gen4 or Gen5 speeds
• Strong knowledge of PCIe protocol, controllers, and data transfer
• Metrics driven technical communication
• Strong Python coding skills
• Very comfortable operating data center platforms in Linux
• Electrical Lab Equipment for PCIe, USB, or CXL:
o Clock and Signal Analysis with high BW oscilloscopes and fixtures (LeCroy/TEK/Keysight)
o Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
• System Test and Debug of High Speed I/O channels in data center or equivalent platforms
o Functionality (credit management, interoperability, power features, hot plug)
o Analog PHY Interfaces (SerDes PHY IP, signal integrity analysis)
o Compliance and Compatibility testing an asset.
• Contract: initial 6 months and might extend.
• Pay Rate: $45 - $51/hr
• Location: Austin, TX
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.