Hardware Test Engineer 2
B/2389 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Hardware Test Engineer 2
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Design verification activities to design quality into our products.
- Activities include develop and execution test plans and procedures.
- Perform functional, stress, system, and other types of testing.
- Identification of test tool requirements, and participation in specification and design reviews.
- Must be able to execute tests with little to no supervision.
- Find complex bugs, root cause and track them while recording and informing others of all appropriate and relevant info.
- Primary responsibilities include performing Signal Integrity test procedures required for the high-speed and Low speed bus standards.
- This includes determining the correct test setup and measurements required, ensuring that the tests are performed correctly, testing the product and completing the necessary paperwork, selecting and maintaining test equipment.
- BS, MS or PhD in EE required and/or 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic or C/C++.
- Demonstrates strong design and/or test skills.
- Demonstrates managing through ambiguity, and technical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Hands-on experience in the development of high-volume consumer electronic product is desired.
- Experience testing waveforms/protocols in the following domain: Ethernet (10mbps, 100mbps, 1Gbps), SATA (Gen1, Gen2, Gen3), USB2.0 & 3.0 /3.1 USB-C, SPI, I2C/SMBUS.
- Experience running Tektronix and Keysight Compliance Tools for the high-speed serial busses.
- Jitter tolerance testing using Keysight JBERT.
- Some level of knowledge about programming languages like Perl, Lua.
- Technical Communication Skills (Data Collection, Test Reports, Basic Data/Stat Analysis, Test Procedure authoring/iteration)
- CLI and scripting, and test automation
- Working with different teams and building from other people' s work to achieve complex goals
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of SATA (Gen1, Gen2, Gen3)
- USB2.0 & 3.0 /3.1 USB-C
- Ethernet (10mbps, 100mbps, 1Gbps) SPI
- I2C/SMBUS specification and Compliance Test Specifications
- Knowledge of TDR
- General Signal Integrity knowledge
- PCBA-level rework experience (soldering, etc.)
- Experience with Cadence Allegro Viewer
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.