Hardware Project Engineer
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Hardware Project Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Leads a team in product development from product architecture direction and product specifications.
- Collaborates with embedded SW/FW team to create code for board bring-up and test
- Tests circuits and systems against technical, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshoots circuits and modifies for specified performance.
- Effectively documents components, circuit board assemblies, and testing results.
- Support boards and products through board validation, product verification and manufacturing phases.
- Performs failure and root cause analysis.
- Develops test plans and reports in support of product validation testing.
- Has authority to make decisions within the scope of the tasks assigned as long as they conform to the guidelines of the department lead and managers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in electronic product design for manufacture
- Extensive experience in printed circuit board design, debug, assembly and DFX
- Experience in design for EMC, ESD, and Ethernet compliance.
- Experience with TCP/IP, ISA, PCI, I2C, RS-485 interface standards
- Proven skills with common test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators
- PADS schematic capture experience
- Experience using micro-controller emulators and debuggers
- Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment.
- Time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and exhibit grace under pressure
- Mechanical design review and troubleshoot
- Altera Cyclone family FPGA design
- C code and assembly language skills
- PADS layout experience
- Experience in the development of wireless products for manufacture
- Experience in an ISO 9000 environment
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.