Hardware Lab Technician 1
17760 Northeast 67th Court Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity for a Hardware Lab Technician 1 located in Redmond, WA.
Job Description: This team is looking for a technician to work in their Redmond, WA location labs within our client's reliability organization.
- Heads down, hands-on working with the product
- Ability to perform basic computer and networking hardware setup and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Experience using simple power tools to assemble and dis-assemble hardware.
- Documentation skills including copying data and creating Microsoft EXCEL, WORD and PowerPoint docs
- Basic knowledge of electronic PCBs, discrete components, plastic and sheet metal enclosures, etc.
- Housekeeping/organizing skills in inventory management of test units, tools and consumables
- Basic good communication skills to communicate status, issues etc.
- Meetings (less than 10%)
- Approximately 3+ years total of Education (AA, Tech Degree or similar) with hands on training and Professional work experience with hands on experience combined.
- Approximately 2+ years of the following:
- Hands-on experience using simple power tools to assemble and dis-assemble hardware
- Documentation skills: Copying data and creating Microsoft EXCEL, WORD, and PowerPoint docs
- Basic knowledge of electronic PCBs, discrete components, plastic and sheet metal enclosures etc.
- Housekeeping/Organizing: Inventory management of test units, tools, and consumables
- STEM background is a plus
- Job Type - Contract hire
- Location: Redmond, WA
- Pay Range: $33-37/hr.
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass a background check will not be considered for employment.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.