HW Test Engineer 2
Building 88 88/3517 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: HW Test Engineer 2
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Test RF design and LTE/Wi-Fi performance in particular RF parameters within 3GPP, IEEE specs.
- Expert in CMW500, Anritsu tester MT8820 to test 3GPP specifications, carrier and internal requirements.
- Experience in root causing RF test failures and work closely with design team to implement and retest the schematic/layout changes.
- Ability to test LTE/WCDMA Layer 1 parameters and find any product issues to meet the requirements.
- Prior experience filing bugs and follow up on bug resolutions, capture device and test equipment logs etc.
- Create new test plans to improve RF test coverage and or create targeted testing for a new feature.
- Ability to multitask and done device preparation (loading right bits/tools/software/firmware) for official laboratory testing.
- Data processing for harvesting statistical analysis of the RF parameters.
- BS, MS required with 5 to 10 years of relevant RF hardware and system design for consumer electronic products.
- Expert in RF standards across 3GPP, IEEE
- Experience and understanding in RF component characteristics and behavior.
- Programming skills in Labview/C#/Python is a plus.
- Excel Macro knowledge is a plus.
- Prior experience with modem and Wi-Fi chipsets and chipset tools is preferable.
- Experience with cellular test equipment like CMW500/Anritsu
- Prior experience in test labs for RF parameters or chipset development and testing is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic products is a plus.
- Working knowledge of EM and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices, including proper grounding, isolation, and desense mitigation techniques.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.