HW Test Engineer 1
Building 88 88/3517 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: HW Test Engineer 1
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Design verification of RF subsystem related to cellular modem design.
- Activities will include device preparation (OS/UEFI/modem) loading, RF test equipment maintenance, RF station calibration for maintaining lab data accuracy.
- Testing multiple different LTE test parameters using existing test software and reporting and analyzing test data.
- Test data need to be presented on regular basis in graphical representation and any deviation from specification should be logged in bugs.
- Supporting reworks on devices involving 0202 components.
- Maintaining lab inventory for cables, RF accessories, device inventory etc.
- Reviewing modem level and OS level logs to root cause issues seen.
- Issues identified during testing need to be debugged and various hardware or software workarounds or solutions will need to be tested to understand the issue and possible fixes.
- Coming up with test efficiency improvement plans and automation improvements.
- Create new test plans to improve RF test coverage and or create targeted testing for a new feature.
- BS with 5 to 10 years of relevant RF hardware and system design for consumer electronic products.
- Experience soldering under microscope for small 0202 components
- Programming experience in LabVIEW/C#/Python/Excel Macros is a plus
- Must have prior experience in using LTE test equipment like CMW500, Anritsu Radio Communication Analyzer MT8821C
- Experience in root causing RF test failures, and understanding layer 1 radio parameters
- Prior experience filing bugs and follow up on bug resolutions, capture device and test equipment logs etc.
- Prior experience with modem and Wi-Fi chipsets and applicable chipset tools is preferable.
- Working knowledge of EM and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices, including proper grounding, isolation, and desense mitigation techniques.
- Must have a good drive to resolve any technical issues seen independently and to multi-task.
- Must have ability to communicate well with broader team.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.