HW Test Engineer 1
Building 88 88/3517 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: HW Test Engineer 1
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Design verification of RF subsystem related to cellular modem design.
- Activities will include device preparation (OS/UEFI/modem) loading, RF test equipment maintenance, RF station calibration for maintaining lab data accuracy.
- Testing multiple different LTE test parameters using existing test software and reporting and analyzing test data.
- Test data need to be presented on regular basis in graphical representation and any deviation from specification should be logged in bugs.
- Supporting reworks on devices involving 0202 components.
- Maintaining lab inventory for cables, RF accessories, device inventory etc.
- Reviewing modem level and OS level logs to root cause issues seen.
- Issues identified during testing need to be debugged and various hardware or software workarounds or solutions will need to be tested to understand the issue and possible fixes.
- Coming up with test efficiency improvement plans and automation improvements.
- Create new test plans to improve RF test coverage and or create targeted testing for a new feature.
- BS with 5 to 10 years of relevant RF hardware and system design for consumer electronic products.
- Experience soldering under microscope for small 0202 components
- Programming experience in LabVIEW/C#/Python/Excel Macros is a plus
- Must have prior experience in using LTE test equipment like CMW500, Anritsu tester MT8821.
- Experience in root causing RF test failures, and understanding layer 1 radio parameters
- Prior experience filing bugs and follow up on bug resolutions, capture device and test equipment logs etc.
- Prior experience with modem and Wi-Fi chipsets and applicable chipset tools is preferable.
- Working knowledge of EM and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices, including proper grounding, isolation, and desense mitigation techniques.
- Must have a good drive to resolve any technical issues seen independently and to multi-task.
- Must have ability to communicate well with broader team.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.