11911 North Creek Parkway South Bothell, WA 98011
Position Title: HR Generalist
Position Description: Our Bothell client is looking to hire an HR Generalist to join their growing company in a direct hire role.
Ideally this person will have broad HR experience including (but not required) with non-exempt employees, Employee Relations experience, and preferable Mfg. experience, as well.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources or related field and 2-5 years of relevant experience required.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Must have familiarity with HR policies, procedures and HR functional expertise
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Job Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving skills
- Highly self motivated and conscientious person
- Proven ability to keep confidentiality
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational, matrix environment
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues. Sensitivity to the need of every individual to be treated with respect and fairness
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and law.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment meet deadlines and have strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining calm and controlled
- Communicates a " can do" attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviors
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Strong business acumen and customer focus
- Implements and maintains processes, practices and programs to ensure an efficient, high quality, cost effective, successful recruitment process
- Accountable for full cycle recruitment for assigned roles. Including working with hiring managers to create job descriptions and mutually accountable recruiting plans, interviews job applicants to fill job openings and supports managers in making selection decisions
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Coaches and counsels management in employee related issues. Follows up to ensure early and appropriate resolution
- Assists managers in making and executing performance improvement and disciplinary decisions
- Serves as primary contact to addresses employee concerns. Investigates and responds to employee relations issues appropriately
- Guides managers and employees through performance appraisal program, provides input for revision as necessary.
- Conducts stay interviews and exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team and peers for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Interprets relevant laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly
- Remains current in knowledge and understanding of federal and state laws/regulations. Identifies trends that could impact organizational objectives and/or operational resources.
- Assists with the creation of development plans and assists Leaders and employees so they can use client' s L&D resources to maximize employee’ s potential.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for assigned personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continuous improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Performs other incidental and related duties and special projects as required and assigned.
- Ensures that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with client' s values
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates