1101 Dexter Ave N Seattle, WA 98109
Position Title: Gameplay Programmer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington.
- Implement game logic and gameplay mechanics using the Spark AR scripting API.
- Create re-usable modules for game play and game logic that can be shared across multiple games.
- Work closely with the product engineering team to design game code according to best practices for the AR Engine and Messenger.
- Improve the quality of the shared code created during technical art process.
- Be a pro-active member of the testing sessions, help identify gameplay bugs.
- Act as a resource to help artists and technical artists debugging gameplay issues.
- Experience engineering core gameplay systems from scratch.
- Strong 3D Math skills Strong collaboration skills, experience working with artists and engineers.
- Great understanding of 2D and/or 3D content authoring methods (Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, etc...)
- Having created a game from scratch.
- Degree in a CS major or professional experience in relevant industry fields Skills and experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.