GSE & Work Platforms Engineer
1415 75th St SW Everett, WA 98203 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract GSE & Work Platforms Engineer opportunity.
- Work with technicians, test operators and engineers to understand maintenance access needs and requirements on clients formation test section
- Directly measure the machine and floor space to understand envelope available for wok platforms
- Rapidly design work platforms in CAD and present to stakeholders for approval
- Produce drawings for use by our machine shop and assembly technicians
- Directly supervise and participate in fabrication and assembly
- Supervise install and test of the work platforms
- Work on additional work platforms and/or other custom structures as assigned
- B.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or equivalent, OR 5+ years of relevant experience for example designing/building GSE
- 3+ years experience with or NX similar 3D CAD software
- Experience generating 2D engineering drawings of machined components and assemblies, per AMSE Y14.5
- Demonstrated understanding of how to make best use of commonly available products – we want a custom design built from common components
- Experience analyzing structures for loading and tipover with structural analysis tools or hand calculations
- Familiarity with basic user safety features and ergonomics of work platforms
- Experience with basic metal fabrication and assembly
- Milling machine, lathe and welding experienced desired (preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively as a member of a team
- High-voltage capacitor/power supply experience (desired but not required)
- Location: Everett, WA (onsite required)
- Pay Rate Range: $60-80/h DOE
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, 2 insurance plans (100% paid for employee only -HDHP plan, and a buy up POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.