GPU Design Verification Engineer
1st Street , # San Jose, CA 95134 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for GPU Design Verification Engineer with our client that is located in San Jose, CA.
Job Description: Your talents will ensure the quality at the heart of our GPU architecture. Creativity is a necessity to overcome the challenges inherent to verifying the proper operation of our low-power GPU. Versatility and broad knowledge of state-of-the-art verification techniques including the most up-to-date IEEE UVM version will place you among the elite within our profession.
• Work with architects and designers to build verification environments and test plans
• Craft functional verification coverage strategy to ensure complete test suite implementation
• Develop assertions and checks to optimize isolation time and produce meaningful failing signatures
• Analyze failing tests to root cause along, working with RTL and reference modeling teams
• Provide input on Architectural and Micro-Architectural specifications for testability and accuracy
• Examine code coverage results, identifying exclusions and improving stimulus
• Take ownership of key milestone closure by meeting phase gate pass rates, coverage quality, and other quality metrics
• BS in Computer Engineering, BSEE or comparable and 5+ years of industry experience in a design verification role
• Proficient in System Verilog/UVM/OVM, and OOP/C++
• Deep understanding of constrained randomization and the development of efficient test suites
• Experience with code coverage and functional coverage-driven verification methodology.
• Experience in creating, running and debugging of SystemVerilog/UVM constraint-random testbench.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Perl
• Understanding of micro-architecture, logic design, FSMs, arithmetic datapath pipelines.
Nice To Have:
• MS CE/EE with 5+ years of industry experience in verification
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of GPU or CPU is a plus
• Contract: 12 months
• Pay Rate: $95 - 100 / hr
• Location: San Jose, CA (Hybrid onsite 3 days per week).
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.