4150 152nd St NE Suite 102 Marysville, WA 98271 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Marysville, Washington for an experienced GNC Engineer
- Challenge the status quo.
- Add your voice to find a better solution.
- Own your system
- Influence overarching GNC hardware, software, and library architecture as you build out team and capabilities, spanning from mission planning to guidance, navigation, control, and simulation.
- Define robust interfaces with flight software, 3DOF mission design, simulation, and hardware-in-the-loop testing.
- Create system designs that meet all requirements (that you probably identified yourself).
- Develop safe, reliable, yet low-cost control of large spacecraft operating as standalone spacecraft or mated structures.
- Verify great designs fit for crewed spaceflight through analysis and test.
- Work with strategic partners, contractors, suppliers, and our manufacturing team to deliver the full GNC system.
- Be a reliable expert of your system, from concept to mission control console.
- Demonstrated past ownership of complex projects.
- Ability to understand from first principles, not rely on the answers output from a mystery tool.
- A firm understanding of what’s required for a robust on-orbit GNC solution involving multiple spacecraft.
- Excellent working knowledge of C/C++ or Python. Ability to create and tune algorithms in simulation.
- Able to work exceptionally well with the many flight and ground disciplines that interface with GNC.
- 5+ years of experience in control systems, orbital mechanics, and modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- A proven history of success in launch vehicles or space systems.
- Familiarity with industry standards and specifications such as SSP 50808 and ISO 24330.
- Direct experience with rendezvous, proximity operations, and docking, including system verification & validation.
- Direct experience designing and conducting software-in-the-loop, hardware-in-the-loop, and vehicle-in-the-loop tests.
- Experience selecting and operating multiple, dissimilar navigational sensor suites, e.g. LIDAR, star trackers, radar altimeters, etc.
- Location: Hybrid Schedule in Marysville, WA
- Hiring all different levels - junior to very senior. Multiple jobs open.
- Salary Range: Open DOE
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.