Full Stack Web Developer
400 Fairview Ave. N. Seattle, WA 98109
Position Title: Full Stack Web Developer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer.
- Create templates using a mixture of HTML and the Ember.js templating language and then style them using SASS/CSS.
- Follow an agile methodology to take part in work estimation, sprints, and daily stand up meetings.
- Help us maintain high quality code by participating in a Pull Request process where you will provide constructive feedback on your colleagues' work.
- Collaborate with colleagues on both software and architecture design.
- Learn how RFID works from the experts!
- Stay apprised of new technologies which may include learning them with the team or introducing them to the team whenever they can help us.
- Become adept in the management and use of the RFID technologies
- Uphold a high level of test coverage.
- Maintain and improve our CI pipeline.
- Take the lead on the design and implementation of new features. From initial collaborative conversations to story creation and completion.
- Continuously suggest improvements to processes; taking the initiative, whenever possible, to highlight problems and offer solutions.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, post-Higher Education.
- Strong knowledge of component-based web frameworks and experience working with unidirectional data flow and complex asynchronous behaviors.
- An understanding of performance in modern web browsers including DOM paint and repaint costs, asset loading costs, etc.
- Experience consuming live streams of data using technologies like WebSockets or server-sent events
- Deep knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to manage Git repositories and work with branch-management methodologies.
- Familiarity with developing applications that expose and consume RESTful APIs.
- Proficiency in ensuring your code is both easily testable and fully tested.
- A desire to learn new things coupled with an aptitude for picking up new technologies and frameworks quickly.
- Knowledge of how to balance speed of execution with quality of output.
- Experience developing progressive, offline-first web applications is a plus
- Prior experience writing applications using Ember.js.is a plus
- Deployment experience with VMs, Docker, and NGINX is a plus
- Working knowledge of Bash Shell Scripting is a plus
- Familiarity with constructing server-side applications using a framework is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.