Full Stack Engineer
1750 Broadway, Suite 300 Oakland, CA 94612
Position Title: Full Stack Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Oakland, California.
- Design and develop high quality front-end (Reract, Angular, etc) and back-end code (Java and Scala).
- Developing new software applications, features, and distributed services that support a high-scale web application
- Work with Project Management and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development
- Stay current with the latest front-end and back-end technologies and best practices and share your findings with the team
- Help evolve our front-end stack and mentor our other developers when it comes to patterns and best practices.
- Work as part of an agile team across a variety of application domains
- Work closely with our designers to help realize a cohesive user experience across the entire lending lifecycle
- Troubleshooting issues with existing architecture and code
- Strong focus on designing and implementing testable code, as well as fanatical about automated test coverage at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- Ability to contribute to each step of the product development process (ideation, implementation, and release)
- Excel with agile development methodologies like XP and Scrum
- Work with UX designers and product managers to realize prototyped solutions of requirements into functional software and A/B test solutions.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and responsive design
- Passion for good UI; both user-facing and under the hood
- 5+ years of full-stack web application development experience and a bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure such as Heroku and AWS
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; continuous deployment, test-driven development, agile methodologies.
- Experience building robust, highly available, and scalable web services
- Experience building consumer-facing products and a passion for using technology to improve the lives of our customers
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.