Fuel Design and Fabrication Project Engineer
330 120th Ave NE Bellevue, WA 98005 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Fuel Design and Fabrication Project Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Fuel Design and Fabrication Project Engineer at our client in Bellevue, WA.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in design of reactor core components, including creation or maintenance of detailed drawing packages and supporting design analysis.
- Control rod design experience is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in writing specifications for procurement, testing, and fabrication.
- Experience interfacing with manufacturing vendors or work experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
- Strong knowledge of various inspection and test techniques (e.g., dimensional, chemical, mechanical property, ultrasonic, etc.)
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in performing design activities to applicable requirements such as NQA-1, ASME B&PV, AWS, 10 CFR 50, Appendix B, or equivalent.
- Strong computer software skills are desired and proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required. Familiarity with SolidWorks or other commercial solid modeling software is desired.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.