Front End Engineer - UI
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Front End Engineer - UI
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Develop and maintain well written and tested front-end components that will be reused across the company
- Sustaining and supporting existing software already in production
- Writing thoughtful and intentional tests
- Adhering to pre-defined coding standards and contributing to review and enhancement of standards as needed
- Experience with ReactJS or comparable front-end framework
- Ability to work without mockups based on team input, decisions, and available components
- Understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Experienced with version control system (Git, preferably)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Typescript and advanced types
- Basic understanding of Observables, such as in RxJS or similar implementation
- Experience with state management using libraries such as Redux
- Understanding of React function components and hooks patterns
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.