Frequency Spectrum Manager
Irvine, CA 92602 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire Frequency Spectrum Manager opportunity located in Irvine, CA
- Analyze technical data and provide input for satellite communication equipment/systems, radar systems, and passive and active sensors to ensure end-use operational requirements are satisfied technically and maintain spectrum and orbital compliance per national and international regulatory standards and law
- Coordinate with mission operations, ground operations, systems engineering, and related teams, as well as the internal legal team, to compile documentation, RF license and earth imaging applications, and spectrum and orbital management reports as needed by the program
- Perform analysis and provide input to frequency and spectrum selection to eliminate conflicts in frequency assignments across programs and infrastructures.
- Provide reports of spectrum and orbital research, analysis, coordination, acquisition, and denials, as directed by management
- Support internal education, outreach, as well as internal policy review and development to promote a culture of compliance
- Communicate with regulatory authorities in the U.S. and other countries and proactively address their questions and concerns regarding the use of radio spectrum, orbital resources, and earth imaging activities
- Review frequency and orbital assignments to ensure frequency deconfliction and perform analysis of technical data for communication equipment/systems, radar systems, and passive and active sensors.
- Act as the primary interface to external customer and regulatory bodies as it pertains to spectrum, orbital, and earth imaging licensing and compliance
- Bachelor’s or an advanced degree in business or technical field
- 8+ years of experience in a spectrum management or RF-related position
- A working knowledge of space-to-ground communications
- Experience and training in providing frequency management support to include frequency nomination, coordination, analysis, licensing, and tracking
- Able to manage a diverse set of programs and requirements therein
- Ability to disseminate critical information effectively and clearly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Apply flexibility required to ensure end-user mission success
- Ability and willingness to go above and beyond one’s comfort zone when it comes to learning about other technical disciplines
- Working knowledge of RF systems, satellite and ground network systems, and spectrum regulation
- Experience with the development of spacecraft mission CONOPs definitions
- Experience with spacecraft mission operations
- Direct Hire
- Location: Irvine, CA or Remote
- Salary Range: $135-150k
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.