Firmware Test Engineer
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Sr. Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Dedicates the majority of their time to writing test programs and scripts to validate the firmware functions
- Create firmware test frameworks to streamline test case development and running regression test suites
- Helps developers with unit test strategies and assists in debugging of difficult issues
- Recommends improvements to development standards and architecture principles supporting testable systems
- Embedded systems development, including RTOS (FreeRTOS, SMX, TI-RTOS)
- C Language programming for embedded systems
- Testing embedded firmware in new hardware designs
- Microprocessors such as ARM-Cortex M4/R5
- Experience with using coding standards, and employing code review procedures
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Flexible, with the ability to handle multiple tasks
Desirable Job Qualifications:
- Familiar with source control systems such as GIT, GITLab
- Familiar with Agile development processes such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Familiar with System-on-Chip (SoC), such as Xilinx Zynq 7000/UltraScale+ or Altera/Intel Cyclone-V
- Working knowledge of C++ and Python
- Knowledge of Hardware Description Languages (HDL), such as Verilog or VHDL
- Experienced in the use of vector signal analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, DVM' s, power supplies, data acquisition systems.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of embedded systems development using C/C++
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.