10885 NE 4th Street, Suite 250 Bellevue, WA 98004
Position Title: Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Our Bellevue client is looking to add a seasoned Firmware Engineer to their well funded and established Start Up.
Job Description: This Firmware Engineer will be responsible for all phases of development: architecture, implementation, integration, testing, build and release. The candidate will develop prototypes and transition prototypes to mature software products. This position requires a seasoned and self-motivated engineer with a thorough, detail-oriented approach to design, who thrives in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Some leadership experience is required
- 7 years experience as a firmware engineer
- Experience working in both prototyping and formal product development environments
- Ability to partition designs and justify tradeoffs between hardware, firmware and middleware
- Experience in software architecture and API development
- Experience in firmware development for both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Solid grasp of computer architecture and operating system principles
- Ability to develop applications that leverage common network protocols like TCP/IP and network applications like SSH, SFTP, etc.
- Understanding of security issues related to deployments of common network applications and protocols
- Experience with various software design patterns, especially object oriented design
- Experience programming in C, C++ and Python
- Experience developing software drivers and interfacing with hardware modules
- Ability to read and review PCB schematics and layouts
- Demonstrated ability developing firmware that leverages common interconnect protocols like USB, JTAG, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Experience with common lab/debug tools like oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and network protocol analyzers
- Experience working in a TDD environment
- Ability to implement robust frameworks for unit testing and integration testing
- Experience working with common version-control systems like Git
- Ability to work as the sole expert within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to be manage ambiguity and make decisions with limited information at hand
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience in DevOps and SQA
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo and Pipelines
- Experience with continuous delivery, software handoff and interfacing with customers
- Experience maintaining and provisioning virtual work environments, for example with Vagrant and Ansible
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.