Firmware Engineer - Intermediate (US)
2002 156th Ave NE , Suite 300 Bellevue, WA 98007
Position Title: Firmware Engineer - Intermediate (US)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Firmware Engineer - Intermediate (US) with our client located in Austin, TX.
- Responsible for AMD diagnostics release deliverables including pull code, compile, package, test, report and debug issues, document, and release follow up the criterial.
- Understand the requirement of the internal and external customers. Highlight the dependencies or risks in time.
- Develop the release plan together with PM and customers, publish to the internal and external customers.
- Capability in scripting (such as shell/perl/python etc.) to automate the regression/triage process, capture useful date or information.
- Perform the regression tests before releasing to the customer. Summarize and report the key date when delivering.
- Create a daily regression to monitor the cases stability, BIOS issues, etc.
- Issue triage/debug through gdb and register level debug tools together with IP diagnostics developers and dependent component owners.
- Set up and maintain test platforms and HW equipment for diagnostics release process.
- Be familiar with Linux/Windows Operating system, basic commands and script tools.
- Have the knowledge about building/compiling a large-scale and complex project.
- Have the experience in code management tool such as SVN, GIT, and Perforce.
- Can read and understand code written in C/C++ programming language.
- Familiar with debug tool like gdb. Know how to debug and write simple scripts using PERL, ruby, and Linux shell language.
- Strong oral and written communication
- Responsive, good coordination and analyze skill, patient, good sense of responsibility.
- Major in EE, CS or related, Master with 2+ years or Bachelor with 4+ years working experiences.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.